Friday, May 20, 2011

Regina, Regina

So Regina Spektor is my favorite musician probably ever. i feel like that might be a sin for the same reason i think that having the "The Hunger Games" be my favorite book is a sin. Which means i don't have any reason at all. They are just so modern and it makes me look like i am only digging the lastest craze, but I am so into modern. The classicy stuff is great, but i feel like i can connect to modern forms of art better, you know? I don't know. It doesn't really make sense to me either. But here is one of her best songs:
I don't think i get this song. Is it sung by Delilah? or just someone comparing her love life to that of the Biblical story of Samson and Delilah? Also did Delilah really love Samson? Why would she cut his hair if she did truly love him? This reminds me of Judas who sold out Jesus. I think Judas really did love Jesus, but the things of the world were more important to him. Like he lost sight of the big picture.

And Samson. Why did he tell Delilah about his weakness? He totally KNEW she was going to use it against him because she had already tried it before. Samson and Delilah are totally hopeless. Why did he have to fall in love with her. He was warned not to, which makes it only more poignant. Once they chose to be with each other they were doomed to lose thier love. Anyway there is that. Enjoy the vid.

1 comment: