Friday, June 10, 2011

Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir

Its Fabuluous!! and here's whats what: Some girl uploaded herself singing a song by Eric Whitacre to Youtube and Eric saw it and thought "What if we got a lot of people to do this?" Then he did. Because he is Eric Whitacre and also Amazing. The first go round was about 180 people strong and got a lot of attention. So Whitacre thought big. In virtual Choir 2.0 there are over 2000 singers (including me) My experience in this choir has been amazing!!! I get to sing with people from all over the world. And the video is inspiring Check it:
so when I heard that this was going down I WAS SO PSYCHED!! I had to be part of it. I started to learn the music, but it wasn't that easy practicing by myself. Recording was almost impossible. My webcam was horrible quality. I cannot even tell you how many times i tried to record and submit my video from the time it was announced to the final date to submit (september thru December of 2010) i got a digital camera for Christmas and decided that could be good for recording, but things were still not gelling. I thought it wouldn't be so bad if i wasn't a part of Virtual choir 2.0 after all. Then i saw a vid on Eric's blog.

The video was nine year old Georgie from the UK singing the first soprano part as her submission to the VC. I was so amazed and inspired that i recorded and uploaded my video singing Tenor I that very day. No matter how imperfect it was i knew the deadline was only a few days away and i was going to be a part of this thing. I also recorded my brother singing Baritone and uploaded the vid.

Then Whitacre announced that the deadline would be extended due to the bad weather (which didn't make a whole lot of sense) but that was cool because my brother's high school choir was learning sleep and i was able to help five members of the choir be a part of this endeavor. Also it gave me time to learn the second tenor part and upload that too. So thats the story . pretty exctiting stuff if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment